How To Clean Gutters From The Ground (3 Ways Without Using A Ladder!)
For many homeowners, cleaning their gutters can be a hassle. One way to make this job easier is to find ways to clean them out while standing on the ground. There are a variety of tools available that can help you do just that.
Working from the ground is far safer than having to work from a ladder or from the roof. It also allows you to work faster since you do not have to move a ladder every few feet in order to reach leaves and gravel. You can also stop what you are doing in order to attend to other matters without having to climb down a ladder or climb back through an upper floor window.
The following three products represent a variety of air and water cleaning options that can be used from the ground. Each has unique features and might fit you and your gutter’s needs.
Gutter Cleaning Products Mentioned In This Article
3 Ways To Clean Gutters From The Ground (Without A Ladder)
Orbit’s gutter cleaning wand is designed to use water from your outdoor water taps. It can connect to a garden hose at the base of the wand. That design element will make it easier to handle when reaching above your head to spray.
The nozzle provides adequate pressure to force water under debris that has adhered to the base of the gutters and can push that debris towards your drainage spouts. It has a rotating top that can be adjusted in the direction you need without fighting coils in the yard hose.
The head of the wand can be positioned at four angles, providing you with more options to reach into the gutter. This product also comes with a non-slip grip that provides comfort and prevents the wand from slipping as it gets wet. That will help to prevent hand fatigue as you work.
- The adjustable length of the handle allows you to work comfortably at varying heights across your gutter runs
- Its nozzle sits at an angle that allows water to spray into the bottom of gutter runs and down drain spouts
- A lever is located at the bottom of the wand that allows you to turn the water on and off while working above your head
- This telescoping wand is limited to a reach of under six feet, which may be too short for higher gutters
- Water may leak down the telescoping handle, getting you wet as you are operating it
Who Is This Best For?
This product may prove ideal for homeowners with lower hanging gutters and spouts. It requires water to work, so it is an item that you could use during the spring, summer, and fall. However, homes with gutters that sit high off the ground may be difficult to reach and it won’t be a solution for colder months during the year.
This WORKSHOP product comes in four pieces. This feature allows you to adjust the overall length of the attachments so that you have an easier time controlling the nozzle as it is placed in the gutter. It also includes an elbow assembly that is angled so the nozzle itself is facing towards the gutters as you work.
The tubing is made from sturdy plastics that provide a rigid wand that keeps its shape as air moves through it. You will be able to reach lower hanging gutters while positioning yourself to the side of the run, allowing you to avoid being covered by debris as you work.
- This product comes as a four-piece unit that can be assembled at a variety of lengths, making it easier to control at various heights
- The elbow attachment allows you to position the nozzle in the gutter and offers the same width to prevent a clogging point when used
- A tapered nozzle helps to generate plenty of suction power from the shop vac and should be thin enough to fit into most gutter valleys
- This kit will require a wet and dry shop vac in order to work, so homeowners will need to purchase one if they do not already have it
- Gutters that contain wet leaves and debris may prove more difficult to pick up with a shop vac from the ground
Who Is The Best For?
This would be a good selection for homeowners with a wet and dry shop vacuum. It will work best during dry periods when leaves and debris are not moist, allowing the vac to pick up the materials from the bottom of the gutter runs. It will require you to purchase a shop vac if you do not already own one, however.
Tool Daily offers a tip assembly for homeowners who want to use their pressure washer to clean out their gutters. It is durable as it is made from stainless steel with brass fittings. This structure also allows you to operate with higher water pressures then other products might be able to handle.
The stand-out feature of this product is the five interchangeable nozzle tips. They are color-coded so you can easily select spraying angles ranging from 0 to 65-degrees. That will allow you to use it on jobs around the yard beside your gutter system.
- The metal housing on this attachment provides you with a strong build that can stand up to years of use without damage
- It comes with multiple tips that provide a variety of spray angles, allowing you to use it for other home cleaning jobs such as driveways or sidewalks
- A steel and brass assembly works well with pressure washers, operating up to 4,000 psi of water pressure
- This attachment does not come with an extended wand, forcing you to purchase an extended handle if you do not already own one
- The elbow assembly is rigid and cannot adjust, forcing you to work around the shape of its bend
Who Is This Best For?
If you own a pressure washer, this attachment could be worth considering. It will attach to a water-carrying handle and will provide plenty of pressure to clean out gutters with a lot of build-ups. It will not prove its worth if you do not own high-pressure equipment or during winter months.
If you’re anything like me, then you have zero desire to climb up on top of your roof, or even on top of a ladder in order to clean out the gutters. The problem is, it’s one of those jobs that has to be done.
So if cleaning the gutters from the ground, and not using a ladder, sounds like a good idea, then see if one of these three gutter cleaning tools will work for you.
Here’s another look at the gutter cleaning tools I mentioned in this article.