Cleaning out your rain gutters can be a major hassle. It’s not a fun job…ever. But there are products out there that make cleaning out gutters easier. Here are the best gutter cleaning tools money can buy.
The Best Gutter Cleaning Tools
When it comes to cleaning gutters, you will want the right tool to make the job quick and easy. These five products provide you with a variety of cleaning options, one of which should fit your needs.
- The Best Gutter Guards For Pine and Fir Needles
- 5 Best Gutter Guards For The Money (Reviews and Buyers Guide)
- How To Get Rid Of Birds Nesting in Gutters (And Stop Them From Coming Back)
1. Orbit Telescoping Gutter Cleaning Wand
This telescoping wand is a nice option for those homeowners who do not like to work from ladders and will provide you with access to your gutters without having to move a ladder multiple times when working on lower gutter runs. You will find the adjustments on the wand easy to use. They will also hold in place as pressurized water runs through the wand.
- The length of pole will allow you to reach above your head and can access low-lying gutter systems without using a ladder
- Its nozzle angle adjustment point is sturdy enough to hold the nozzle angle with water running through it
- A set of fasteners locks the pole into position once you have extended it to the desired length
- This pole design may be a bit unwieldily when operated from a ladder or step stool
If you like to work fast and do not want to reposition ladders as you move, this wand might be right for you. It is capable of generating plenty of water pressure, but you won’t be able to see the gutters from the ground as you work.
2. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vacuum Gutter Cleaning Kit
This four-piece package is made from 2.5-inch plastic tubing and should fit most wet/dry shop vacuums. The two extension pieces allow you to set the length of the hose attachments, giving you more control options from the ground or from a ladder.
The material is made from sturdy plastics that will not waver or bend as you operate the extension setup. This set also includes a blower tip that tapers down to a smaller opening. This will generate plenty of blowing strength.
- These extensions will assemble to provide you with vacuum access to leaves in your gutter system
- A blower nozzle will allow you to generate enough air power to blow dry leaves out of the gutter valley
- The tubing is 2.5 inches in diameter, a size that should work with most shop vac designs
- You will need to have a wet/dry shop vac in order to use this product
If you have a shop vac, this product may be a great addition to your tools. Conversely, it is little use to those who don’t own one.
3. Tool Daily Gutter Cleaner Pressure Washer Attachment
Versatility is provided by this pressure attachment that will allow you to adjust the angle, and therefore width, of the water spraying from the tip. This is accomplished through tips that are color-coded to make them easier to identify. Its connecting plug and female attachment are .25-inch in size.
The strong streams generated by the tips can be used to effectively clean gutters with layered debris, as well as surfaces such as driveways. Each tip can create up to 4,000 pounds of pressure at maximum power.
- This product comes with five separate nozzle attachments that allow you to adjust the spray angle from 0 to 65-degrees
- The natural bend on the wand is designed to access gutter valleys from a lower level
- A solid body design provides a rigid spray platform that should be easier to control
- This design may struggle with gutters that are not cleaned regularly
While they may not be the best option for hand-held use, these units are a good choice for homeowners that already have a wand extension that they can be connected to.
4. Gutter Getter Tool Set
This five-piece cleaning system offers you a hand-held shovel-type cleaner for close work. It also includes another spade setup that includes attachments you can add for greater reach. this second spade is designed to be used to break up clumps, allowing you to remove chunks of leaves and other debris with each pass.
The metal extension rods create a rigid handle so that you can apply plenty of pressure as you work farther away from the ladder. Each tool has a handle that provides more comfort as well as a strong grip for better holding power.
- You can use this system without using water any time of the year
- Extensions allow you to reach a fair distance from the ladder you are using, requiring fewer moves and climbing
- A soft handle allow you to operate this metal assembly more comfortably
- You will need a ladder or step stool to use this on gutter systems
If you want to avoid using water to clean your gutters, this product is for you. That will also allow you to work in any weather, including colder conditions when outdoor water may not be available.
5. WORX 20V Cordless Leaf Blower With GutterCleaning Kit
If you are looking for a complete cleaning system that uses air instead of water, this blower is worth looking at. It includes a variety of attachments that be combined to reach your gutter runs from the ground. It can also be broken down to be used as a leaf blower on the ground.
The pieces break down to make it more manageable to store when it is not in use. It is also lightweight, allowing you to operate it for longer periods of time without arm fatigue.
- This product provides plenty of reach for higher sitting gutter systems
- The motor on this unit can generate plenty of air movement as you clean
- It can be used to clean surfaces other than gutters, including sidewalks and driveways
- This product is a complete system that will come with a larger price tag than the other options reviewed here
If you don’t already have a blower this might be a package worth considering. You will have an all-around tool that you can use for gutters and other cleaning projects.
Cleaning It All Up
As you can see, there are many options available to you for cleaning your gutter system. Some use air while others make use of water. The products above should provide you with plenty of options to choose from to make cleaning gutters a less-stressful job.